Native Title Area is One Step Closer to Recognition with New National Parks Act in VictoriaAugust 31, 2016
New Tasmanian Bill Seeks Sustainability of the Salmon IndustryAugust 31, 2016
Inquiry into Community Energy Projects
The Parliament of Victoria’s Joint Committee for Economic, Education, Jobs and Skills into Community Energy Projects is receiving submissions to the end of the month (29th September 2016). The committee is guided by seven Terms of Reference whereby the Committee should
- look at the potential role of co-operatives, mutuals, social enterprises and community ownership in the energy sector;
- investigate the benefits of community owned energy programs;
- investigate the best ways to encourage the uptake of community energy projects;
- investigate the ability to expand community energy projects outside of solar and wind power;
- review the best practice models of other Australian and international jurisdictions for supporting community ownership options in the energy sector;
- investigate the challenges to community energy projects in metropolitan areas; and
- investigate ways to support communities to surmount challenges to community owned energy in metropolitan areas.
The final report is expected in July 2017. Further details and submissions here.